The full name of masterbatch is color masterbatch, also known as color pigment. It is a special colorant for new type of polymer materials, which is composed of pigments or dyes, carrier and additives these three basic elements, is take extraordinary amount of pigments or dyes evenly attached in resin to obtained aggregation. It can be seen as pigment concentrate, so its coloring is higher than the pigment itself. The masterbatch is mainly used in plastics, to achieve the desired color effect in the plastic or rubber products.
The commonly used methods of the classification of Plastic Masterbatch is as following:
A. By carrier classification: such as PE masterbatch, PP masterbatch, ABS masterbatch, PVC masterbatch, EVA masterbatch, etc.
B. By Application : such as injection masterbatch, blowing masterbatch, spinning, masterbatch, etc., And each type can be divided into different levels, such as:
1. Advanced Injection Masterbatch: Used for cosmetics packaging, toys, electrical shell and other advanced products.
2. Ordinary Injection Masterbatch:Used for general daily plastic products, industrial containers, etc.
3. Advanced Blown Film Masterbatch: Used for blow molding of ultra-thin products coloring.
4. Ordinary Blown film Masterbatch: Used for blow molding of general packaging bags, woven bags coloring.
5. Spinning Masterbatch: Used for textile fiber spinning coloring, thin pigment particles, high concentration, high coloring, heat resistance, good light fastness.
6. Low Class Masterbatch: Used in the manafucture of low -level products that less demanding on the color, such as trash can, low-level containers, etc.
7. Special Masterbatch: is according to user specified for products of plastic varieties, use the same plastic as the carrier of masterbatch.Such as PP masterbatch, ABS pigment respectively choose PP, ABS as a carrier.
8. Universal Masterbatch: Also use some kind of resin(often low melting point PE) as a carrier, but it can be applied to coloring other resin in addition the its carrier resin. Universal masterbatch is relatively simple, but the disadvantages are more, recommends that users use Special Masterbatch. Special Masterbatch heat levels are generally compatible with the plastic products, at normal temperature , can be safely used. Only under the following conditions can cause varying degrees of discoloration , one temperature exceeds the normal range , another stop too long.
Why use masterbatch instead of toner?
1. In many cases ,the plastic products manufacturers choose toner when matching color that is not the most economical choice. And not familiar with the toner, it is very common that resulting in waste of manpower and materials when repeated color trial,This problem does not exist when using masterbatch.
2. The class of the products made by masterbatch coloring is completely different with the one by toner coloring , and the price of the former should be higher. The higher parts is some higher than the increase in the cost of using masterbatch. So the masterbatch can create “profits” instead. From this perspective , in some cases , the use of masterbatch coloring dye coloring is more economic than using toner.