Numerical control machine tool is for short of digital control machine tools (Computer numerical control machine tools), is a kind of a program control system of automatic machine tools. The control system is able to handle the with logic control code or other symbols in accordance with procedures prescribed by the instruction, and its decoding, using the digital representation of the code, through information carrier type numerical control device. After processing the numerical control device and a variety of control signals, control the action of machine tool, according to the shape and size of the drawing requirements, automatically to parts processing. CNC machine tools better solved the complex, precision, small batch and many varieties of parts processing, is a kind of flexible, highly efficient automation of machine tools, represents the development direction of modern machine tool control technology, is a typical mechatronics product.
CNC machine tool has the following features:
1. Strong adaptability of processing object, to adapt to the characteristics of mold products such as single production, for mould manufacturing provides a suitable processing method;
2. The processing precision is high, has the stable machining quality.
3. For multi-axis linkage, can processing complicated shape parts;
4. The machining parts change, generally only need to change the CNC program, can save production preparation time;
5. High precision and rigidity of the machine tool itself, can choose favorable processing amount, high productivity (generally 3 ~ 5 times of ordinary machine tool).
6. Machine tool automation degree is high, can reduce labor intensity;
7. To the modernization of production management. CNC machine tools using digital information and standard code processing, transfer information, using the computer control method, for the computer aided design, manufacturing and management integration laid the foundation;
8. To the quality of operation personnel demand is higher, the maintenance personnel of the higher technical requirements;
9. High reliability.
Article source: http://www.aluminum-machine.com/news/289.htm